- Philosophy of software development based on the values of communication, feedback, simplicity, courage and respect.
- Excellent software development practices that have proven useful in improving teams efficiency and performance.
- Complementary principles and intellectual techniques for translating the key values of XP into actual practice.
- A methodology based on addressing constraints in software development.
- Lightweight but applicable on every scale.
- Adapts to vague and/or rapidly changing requirements.
- Focuses on giving up old habits of working for new ways tailored to today’s reality.
Focus and Learning Goals
- Understand what Extreme Programming is.
- Learn complimentary practices that can enhance any XP implementation.
- Understand how to apply XP within your team(s) and/or organisation.
- Learn how to improve your software engineering practices on a technical level as well as a process and functional level.
- Be able to start small with XP and scale up from there.
- What is Extreme Programming?
- The XP Philosophy
- Values, Principles and Practices
- Applying the principles
- The Extreme Programming Team
- The Software Delivery Lifecycle
- Managing Scope
- Test Driven Development
- Behaviour Driven Development
- Three Amigos
- Extreme Programming on Scale
- Continuous Integration
- Distributed Teams
- XP vs. Scrum
If you are a software developer or software tester and would like to improve your development skills from a technical perspective as well as process perspective and enhance collaboration within your team(s). This training will give you the in-depth understanding of Extreme Programming and help you improve your software engineering practices.
Questions about this training? Let us know!